The deadline for paper submission is February 1st, 2018
Researchers and practitioners from countries around the world are invited to submit original papers with new and innovative results on scientific, technical and practical experience on the economics of energy and climate systems. As is customary for the IEW, papers should be quantitative and rigorous. A (non-exclusive) list of potential conference topics is:
• Post Paris climate policy and implementation approaches for Nationally Determined Contributions
• Energy and climate systems with a focus on adaptation and mitigation strategies
• Economics of renewable energy technologies and options to increase system flexibility
• Modelling sustainable systems and meeting sustainable development goals
• Energy demand and supply, and energy efficiency
• Modelling from the supply chain perspective
• Socioeconomics of the energy transition
• Addressing uncertainties in the transformation of the energy system
• Feasibility of large-scale investments such as the hydrogen economy, and bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS)
• Major transitions in transportation and new modelling approaches
Selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic and poster sessions, circulated during the meeting, and also posted on the meeting website.
Submission of papers
Full papers or long abstracts (minimum 1000 words) in .pdf version should be submitted online here before February 1st, 2018.
Please note that paper selection has become increasingly competitive in recent years. Submissions that fully describe a complete analysis are generally more likely to be accepted than long abstracts. In particular, when submitting a long abstract, please ensure that the study and results are sufficiently described to allow comparison with full paper submissions. Each person can present only one selected paper, although multiple submissions and co-authorship are allowed. Please kindly complete one online form for each paper.
Abstracts and presentations submitted by the authors will be available online after the event. Authors will have the options to opt out and choose not to publish the abstracts or presentations at the conference website.
February 1st, 2018 – Deadline for paper submission.
Early february- Registration opens
Early march- Notifications of acceptance/rejection
March 24th- Early Bird fee deadline
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.